SIGN UP TO WORK ON A NEW PROJECT ON ETHICS!
Engineering Education needs to address current and future economic, social and environmental challenges. Associated with this are the skills needed for ethical decision making and action.
An understanding of ethics and ethical responsibilities provides grounding for the global engineer, supporting day-to-day activities as well as international policy making.
Working Group Objectives
• to stimulate discussion, opinion formation and decision making about the needs and opportunities for ethics in the engineering curricula
• to share experiences, practices, developments and teaching resources in ethics and ethical leadership education
• to establish a network of educators and practicing engineers who want to develop ethics education
• to engage students in the development of initiatives for ethics education and awareness
• to share and support scholarly activity in assessing the nature and impact of ethics education
Membership in the group
The Working Group is open to all SEFI members or any person associated with an institutional or corporate SEFI member. Meetings of the Working Group are held during the SEFI Annual Conference.