SEFI @ Work: Inspiration Events invites you to an Ethics Webinar: Tuesday, 4 May 2021,…
SEFI 2019 Doctoral Symposium on Engineering Education
Submit your extended abstracts until 30 May!
15 September 2019 – BME, Budapest. The Local Organizing Committee is pleased to announce that there will be a SEFI 2019 Doctoral Symposium in Engineering Education, where doctoral students are invited to share their PhD work with others, to build their network and exchange feedback. To this event, we invite doctoral students in Engineering Education Research. Ideally, the participants have an active PhD research plan, so they can benefit from participating in the workshop.
The aim is to provide an opportunity for doctoral students to:
- meet other students and supervisors to extend their network and view of the EER field,
- present and discuss their own work and the work of others,
- get perspectives from scholars outside their own institution,
- contribute to the conference and the SEFI EER community with other participants, and
- promote collaborative research and elaborate future research directions.
The Doctoral Symposium takes place on 15 September 2019, as a pre-conference event to the SEFI 2019 Annual Conference. All participants must also be registered to the main conference. For PhD students accepted to the Doctoral Symposium, the SEFI 2019 conference fee is reduced to 300€.
Doctoral Symposium Deadlines
|• 30 May 2019||Submission of extended abstract covering the central aspects of the PhD work (2-3 pages according to the template). Send to email@example.com|
|• 20 June 2019||Notification of final acceptance|
|• 17 July 2019||Early bird registration for the SEFI conference|
|• 15 Sept 2019||Doctoral Symposium at SEFI 2019, Budapest.|
The Doctoral Symposium is chaired by:
- Jonte Bernhard, Professor, Former Chair of the SEFI WG Engineering Education Research and Deputy Editor of the European Journal for Engineering Education,
- Kristina Edström, Associate Professor, Editor-in-Chief of the European Journal for Engineering Education, and
- Tinne de Laet, Professor, Chair of the SEFI WG Engineering Education Research and member of the SEFI Board of Directors.