Is Higher Education still fit for purpose? We are pleased to invite you to the…
All submissions should be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 26th May 2023.
The 7th Doctoral Symposium in Engineering Education Research offers an opportunity for PhD candidates to explore and develop research interests in an interdisciplinary workshop, under the guidance of a number of well-known senior scholars within the Engineering Education Research (EER) field. During the Doctoral Symposium, the participants will share their current dissertation work with others and exchange feedback.
To this event, we now invite doctoral students in Engineering Education Research. Ideally, the participants have an active PhD research plan, so they can benefit from participating in the workshop.
To participate, please submit an extended abstract by May 26th 2023.
The aim is to provide an opportunity for doctoral students to:
- meet other students and supervisors to extend their network and view of the EER field,
- present and discuss their own work and the work of others,
- get perspectives from scholars outside their own institution,
- contribute to the conference and the SEFI EER community with other participants, and
- promote collaborative research and elaborate future research directions.
The Doctoral Symposium takes place on Sunday September 10th, as a pre-conference event to the SEFI 2023 Annual Conference organized by Technological University Dublin, Dublin Ireland. All participants to the Doctoral Symposium must also be registered to the main conference. For PhD students accepted to the Doctoral Symposium, the SEFI 2023 conference fee is reduced (please, check the Registration Fees).
PLEASE SEE ALL IMPORTANT DATES FOR SYMPOSIUM DEADLINES BELOW
Doctoral Symposium Deadlines
- 26th May 2023
- Submission of extended abstract covering the central aspects of the PhD work according to the template. Send to email@example.com.
- 22nd June 2023
- Notification of final acceptance
- 30th June 2023
- Early bird registration for the SEFI conference (please check SEFI 2023 website for any update)
- 10th Sept 2023
- Doctoral Symposium at SEFI2023
The Doctoral Symposium is organised and chaired by
- Jonte Bernhard, Professor, Linköping University, SEFI Fellow, Former Chair of the SEFI SIG Engineering Education Research and Deputy Editor of the European Journal for Engineering Education
- Kristina Edström, Associate Professor, KTH – Royal Institute of Technology, Editor-in-Chief of the European Journal for Engineering Education
- Tinne De Laet, Associate Professor, KU Leuven, Chair of the SEFI SIG Engineering Education Research
- Shannon Chance, Lecturer & Programme Chair, TU Dublin, Deputy Editor of the European Journal for Engineering Education