Tampere University of Technology (FIN)
12-15 September 2016
SEFI invites you to participate in its 44th Annual, organised by the Tampere University of Technology, in Finland. SEFI Annual Conferences have been organised in different parts of Europe and represent a unique opportunity for the members of SEFI and all those interested by or involved in engineering education and research to exchange views and opinions, to establish new contacts with peers and other Higher Engineering Education stakeholders. Read more…
If SEFI can only be saddened by the results of the Referendum in the UK, we would like to express our support to all our UK members, and assure them that our cooperation is far from over. British Universities and Academics have campaigned strongly in the last months to remain part of the European Union, and even though the final results are worrying, SEFI believes that UK Higher Education Stakeholders are still full European Stakeholders.
If the situation is worrisome in terms of UK Universities participating in EU funded Projects in the future, it is our belief that for at least the upcoming two years no major changes in funding will happen, Read more…
Have a look at the first Project results with the brochure first-year student survey 2014-2015.
At the end of the academic year 2014-2015 an online survey was organised among first-year bachelor students at the six partner universities. The prime objctive of this survay was to identify stumbling blocks of first-year student in STEM disciplines (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics). In order to provide feedback to students and other stakeholders, a brochure was developed with the most salient results.
News from partners
- 9th EUA-CDE Annual Meeting
- Call for nominations - IFEES Duncan Fraser Global Award for Excellence in Engineering Education 2016
- Call to host WEEF/GEDC 2018 conference
- IEA/ENAEE Best Practice in Engineering Programme Accreditation
- 2016 IACEE World Conference on Continuing Engineering Education
News from the EU
- Erasmus+ Mobility schemes: training to use ICT applications
- The 8th Annual International Symposium on University Rankings and Quality Assurance 2016
- Students’ verdicts on university teaching revealed in U‑Multirank survey
- U-Multirank reviews more than 1,300 universities
- The European Higher Education Area in 2015: Bologna Process Implementation Report
- Expansion in global higher education ‘has increased inequality’
- Viewpoint from Germany: Hier fehlt doch was
- 5th Conference of LES for Internal Combustion Engine Flows [LES4ICE]
- German universities achieve a high position in U-Multirank
- Engineering Education offers excellent career opportunities