Madeline Ruth Polmear from VUB on leadership with Natalie Wint and Neil Cooke In this…
The 2nd edition of the Summer School, organised by the KU Leuven University and SEFI will take place from 29nd May until 2nd June 2023 and provides an opportunity for PhD students engaged in engineering and science education research to learn from experts and their peers. Students will participate in workshops led by experts, centered around aspects of research in engineering and science education research.
All sessions have a highly interactive format, facilitating exchange of ideas and opinions in general or in the context of the participants’ research and projects. You will be required to prepare work before the summer school and to engage in exercises each day to prepare for in-depth discussion of specific topics.
In this 2nd edition, you will be guided through the full research design process:
- A solid research base at the start ensures a strong Phd in the following years
- Selection of a research design, literature review, the use of theory, the purpose statement and formulating good research questions research questions …
- Inclusive methodological approaches
- Introduction to different qualitative and quantitive methods with workshops around organising focus groups and interviews, survey design or interventions with a specific attention to inclusive research.
- Obtaining results and drawing conclusions: overcoming barriers or the easy part?
- Make your findings relevant: dissemination to the wider public
This summer school is open to all PhD students doing research in engineering and science education. Every student will have the opportunity to engage with the engineering education community, to present your current research and to receive feedback from other students and experts. Deadline for registration Wednesday 15 March 2023. Registration HERE.