The SEFI Francesco Maffioli Award of Excellence for Developing Learning and Teaching in Engineering Education…
SEFI Francesco Maffioli Award 2020
The SEFI Francesco Maffioli Award, launched by SEFI to commemorate its late President Prof. Francesco Maffioli (Politecnico du Milano), is given by SEFI, the Société Européenne pour la Formation des Ingénieurs, to individual teachers, or a team of teachers, of higher engineering education institutions members of SEFI, in recognition of open-minded development of curriculum, learning environments or tools, novel didactics, methods or systems in engineering studies.
Only SEFI institutional members can nominate awardees.
The award consists of a presentation at the SEFI Annual Conference and one free registration to attend the conference (one person, if a team) as well as a cheque of € 750.
The Chair of the 2020 Francesco Maffioli Award is Prof. John Mitchell, UCL (London) member of SEFI Board of Directors.
Nominations must be sent to Prof. Mitchell, firstname.lastname@example.org, with copy to SEFI Secretary General, Françoise Côme, email@example.com BEFORE Friday 22nd MAY 2020.
Evaluation criteria and nomination template
Evaluation and selection will be based on the extent to which the nominee’s has contributed to the development of learning and teaching in engineering education. It is highly recommended to structure nominations along these themes:
- Background and underlying ideas (rationale) including National/regional/local context
- Sources of inspiration – e.g. existing knowledge, including references about university teaching/engineering education (Scholarship of Teaching & Learning)
- Applied teaching methods and grounds for choice of methods
- Results and impact on students, including effects on student learning outcomes
- Significance for Engineering Education elaborating on local/regional/national/international applicability, dissemination and impact.
The word count of nominations should not exceed 1200 words (including an abstract of max. 200 words). Name and affiliation of the nominator and the nominee is not part of the word count. Please note, all information must be contained in the application, additional information such as CVs of nominees will not be considered.