Dear SEFI friends, our April newsletter has been published and is available here Find out more…
SEFI Annual Conference is round the corner
SEFI Annual Conference 2019 is getting closer and we are looking forward to welcoming you at Budapest University of Technology and Economics to unfold the challenging theme “Complexity is the new normality“.
16/09 – Tibor Navracsis, EU Commission
17/09 – Valéria Csépe, Hungarian High Education Accreditation Committee –
18/09 – Jian Lin, Center for Engineering Education, Tsinghua University
19/09 – Xavier Kestelyn, School of Engineering, Arts et Métiers ParisTech
Doctoral symposium pre-conference, Sunday 15/09, 10:00- 16:00
- Chaired by Jonte Bernhard, Kristina Edström and Tinne de Laet, the Doctoral Symposium in Engineering Education is an interdisciplinary workshop dedicated to doctoral students and supervisors.
Poster pitch plenary session – Tuesday 17/09, 9:45-10:00
- Authors who are presenting a poster will pitch their work in plenum with one slide, within the challenging time frame of 30 seconds. The posters will be shown in BME Ceremony Hall.
‘Should engineering students be treated as engineers?’ Tuesday 17/09, 13:00-14:30
- A provocative debate between the established sponsors of the SEFI society, Suzuki and invited students from the Board of European Students of Technology.
Hungarian National Instruments Workshop, Wednesday 18/09, 10:15-11:55
- An exciting dialogue between representatives of invited companies and Laszlo Abraham, General Manger at National Instruments Hungary.
- SEFI annually confers the Leonardo da Vinci Medal, the SEFI Fellowships (both awarded on Monday 16) and the Francesco Maffioli Award. This year’s awardee and the other nominees will present their work in a dedicated session on Wednesday 18/09, 15:00-16:20. The Award will be conferred during the Gala dinner on Wednesday 18/09.
Gala dinner, Wednesday 18/09, on the Europa ship, 19:00-23:00
Tour to BME research nuclear reactor, Thursday 19/09, 14:00-15:00
After SEFI Conference it will be possible to visit the BME Nuclear Reactor. This is a research facility (not a power plant, meaning that it is not used to produce electricity) and you will have the chance to see it in action!
City tour: Successes and failures of the inner city, Friday 20/09, 10:00-12:00
Since we have a few spots available, do not hesitate to contact us if you want to join the tour of the inner city. The tour will cost an extra fee (max 10 euro) to be paid on spot.
You can find relevant information on how to reach BME here.
Book of Abstracts
It will be available at the conference in PDF or hard copy, if you had opted for it. The conference proceedings will be prepared after the conference. We would like to remind all authors of workshops that they are allowed to modify the descriptions after the conference until 30 September.
We thank all the speakers and session moderators for their commitment to a great SEFI meeting!
SEFI 2019 Organizers
Balázs Nagy Vince, Conference Chair
Adrienn Füzesi, Chair of the Local Organizing Committee
Anikó Kálmán, Co-chair of the International Scientific Committee
Linda Citterio, International Coordinator for SEFI 2018 and SEFI 2019
Dóra Fekete, Local Coordinator