Annual Congress of the UK Engineering Professors’ Council
The Engineering Professors’ Council represents the academic engineers in the UK, all branches of engineering are represented within the membership. Our primary purpose is to provide an influential voice and authoritative conduit through which engineering departments’ interests can be represented to key audiences such as funders, influencers, employers, professional bodies and Government.
We are delighted to launch the EPC Annual Congress 2019 which will pro-actively navigate unprecedented engineering change in the policy environment. This year’s Congress will be held from 13th to 15th May 2019, generously hosted by University College London in Central London.
The Annual Congress is the big event in the EPC calendar – an opportunity to network, gain and share insights and stay in touch with developments in policy and practice in engineering teaching, research and innovation. The event is not to be missed by engineering academics in UK higher education, whether you’re a senior professor or have recently joined the profession.
We are pleased to announce an extraordinary line-up of confirmed expert speakers including:
- Dame Julia King DBE, Baroness Brown of Cambridge (SEFI Leonardo Da Vinci medalist)
- Professor Chris Atkin, Chairman of the Engineering Council
- Nick Hillman, Director of Higher Education Policy Institute
- Debbie McVitty, Editor of Wonkhe
- Anne-Marie Jolly, SEFI chair of WG Accreditation group, member of ENAEE Label Committee
- Professor Elanor Huntington, Dean, ANU College of Engineering and Computer Science
- Professor Anthony Finkelstein, Chief Scientific Adviser for National Security
- Isabella Pannella, Autonomous Driving- Systems senior manager at Jaguar Land Rover UK
More high-profile speakers and the full programme will be announced soon.
Bookings are now being taken! Book now to secure your early bird discount of up to £50.