Engineering Skills for a Future to Build Universidad Carlos III - Madrid - 17-19 November…
News from the SEFI 2018 Annual Conference
1. Update your calendar – SEFI 2018 Annual Conference from 17.-21.09.2018 at the Technical University of Denmark (Copenhagen/ Kgs. Lyngby)
The International Organizing Committee of the SEFI 2018 Annual Conference has decided to extend the conference by one day. Due to our desire to offer good possibilities for networking and include all conference events within the official program, it was finally concluded that the conference starts on Monday 17 September. Thus, the conference will take place 17 – 21 September 2018.
For more information on the preliminary program have a look here.
2. Extension of deadline for submission of abstracts/Statement-of-Intents until 19 March 2018
Due to numerous requests for an extension of the deadline for the submission of abstracts/statement-of-intents the SEFI 2018 organizing committee in collaboration with the chair of the SEFI 2018 Scientific Committee, Prof. Robin Clark, has decided to extend of deadline for submission of abstracts/statement-of-intents until 19 March 2017. Accordingly, authors will receive feedback on their submissions latest by 26 March 2018.
For more information on important dates and the submission process, please have a look at the conference website.
3. Announcement of the SEFI 2018 Doctoral Symposium – CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
The Local Organizing Committee is pleased to announce that there will be a SEFI 2018 Doctoral Symposium in Engineering Education, where doctoral students are invited to share their PhD work with others, to build their network and exchange feedback. To this event, we invite doctoral students in Engineering Education and their supervisors.
The Doctoral Symposium takes place on 17 September 2018. Participants must also be registered to the main conference. For PhD students accepted to the Doctoral Symposium, the SEFI 2018 conference fee is reduced to 300€.
To participate, the deadline to submit a letter of interest is 20 April 2018. More information is available on the conference website.
The Doctoral Symposium is chaired by
- Jonte Bernhard, Professor, Former Chair of the SEFI WG Engineering Education Research and Deputy Editor of the European Journal for Engineering Education,
- Kristina Edström, Associate Professor, Editor-in-Chief of the European Journal for Engineering Education, and
- Tinne de Laet, Professor, Chair of the SEFI WG Engineering Education Research and member of the SEFI Board of Directors.
For further information on the SEFI 2018 Annual Conference please have a look at the conference website.