11-14 June 2023 - Tampere University of Applied Sciences (FI) About the seminar We would…
During the first weekend of December, the steering committee of the Mathematics SIG had their meeting in Prague. It is always a fruitful time to share news about SEFI and our work as Mathematics Engineering teachers and discuss new and old ways of delivering knowledge.
The evaluation of the MSIG presence at the SEFI conference held in Dublin, and of the 21st MSIG seminar organized by the Tampere University of Applied Sciences (Finland) was performed. Based on the papers and workshops presented at those events the steering committee decided on the following topics, for the 22nd MSIG seminar that will occur on the 25-27 June 2025, and will be organised by Ostfalia University of Applied Sciences (Germany).
– AI in Mathematics learning and teaching;
– Project Based Learning as a tool to assess competences;
– Study techniques and Metacognition for 1st year students
– The role of Mathematical theory in Engineering Education
– How to handle, and meet the needs of, diverse groups?
Nevertheless, any other topic related to Mathematical learning and teaching will be welcomed.
The activities plan for 2024 was approved.