Madeline Ruth Polmear from VUB on leadership with Natalie Wint and Neil Cooke In this…
TU/e is looking for two new enthusiastic candidates to join their sustainability team, a Postdoc and PhD position on the project which focuses on the role of technical universities, TU/e in particular, as change agents for sustainability transitions. Both positions are action research oriented with TU/e providing empirical playground.
Postdoc: Transformative education for sustainability at TU/e
The specific tasks of the Postdoc candidate include:
- Research into the tools that are necessary to integrate and evaluate sustainability in engineering education at TU/e.
- Testing the tools in TU/e innovation Space.
- Initiating a debate about transformative engineering education for sustainability at TU/e and beyond
PhD: Technical universities as agents of change for sustainability transitions
The specific tasks of the PhD candidate include:
- Research into specific roles technical universities can assume in sustainability transition.
- Support to the development of participatory sustainability assessment of the ongoing TU/e research, education, operations and/or governance.
- Research into how universities can mobilize their staff and student community around sustainability transitions.
Deadline for both applications is 31 January 2023.