24 September 2020
This year the Best papers were awarded in five categories, newly also the category of short paper as well as a diversity and inclusiveness award in memory of Prof Susanne Ihsen.
We sincerely congratulate the 2020 SEFI Best Paper winners:
- Best Student Paper Award: Phelokazi Ndodana, B Kloot and Corrinne Shaw: “Engineering Identity in The South African Context”
- Best Research Paper Award: Gillian Saunders-Smiths and Mariana Leandro Cruz: “Toward a typology in literature studies & reviews in engineering education research”
- Best Concept Paper Award: Sami J Suhonen and Eeva-Leena Tuominen: “Quit your slouching! – using wearable sensors to investigate engineering laboratory work ergonomics”
- Best Short Paper Award: Taylor Stone, Lavinia Marin and Janna van Grunsven: “Before responsible innovation: teaching anticipation as a competency for engineers”
- Susanne Ihsen Award for Best Paper on Diversity and Inclusiveness: Iris van Duren and Thomas Groen: “Appreciations of teaching methods across cultures: Lessons learned from international students”