The Special Interest Group on Gender and Diversity aims to support engineering education and engineering professions in a gender balanced and inclusive way. Our vision is to create and foster environments where every individual is respected and no one feels marginalized.
We believe that diversity across all dimensions is essential to enriching engineering educational and professional experiences. Diversity fuels innovative and creative solutions to address the world’s complex challenges as it also ensures that engineered solutions meet the needs of all people.
- 5 October 2022 – SEFI@Work: Be ready to make it awkward
- 19 April 2022 – SEFI@Work: Engineers for a social change
- 28 March 2022 – Teaching societal responsibility through real-life projects and challenge-based learning
- 12 October 2021 – Celebrating Ada Lovelace Day – an international discussion on young women in engineering and technology education
- 06 October 2021 – The role of mental health for a diverse and inclusive engineering culture
Specific Goals for Coming Years
- Contribute to mainstreaming topics of gender, diversity and inclusion into all special interest groups and identify relevant cross-sectional topics – For example, with the special interest group on Engineering Education Research, as well as with the editorial board of the European Journal of Engineering Education.
- Broadening and deepening the approaches and concepts used in engineering education research on gender and diversity, and efforts to promote inclusive engineering
- Contribute to a European network of SEFI members who systematically exchange information on gender, diversity and inclusion.
- Collaborate with other European and International networks to promote inclusivity in engineering education.
Join the special interest group (email: email@example.com)