The SIG on Capacity Building aims to empower the process of developing and strengthening the competencies that trainers (faculty staff, student tutors,..) in engineering Higher Education need to thrive in a fast-changing world.
- Keep up with current trends in the field;
- Establish a European and world wide network of engineering trainer development programs;
- Facilitate meetings and workshops on the topic;
- Coordinate with other special interest groups (e.g. EER) and set-up inter-SIG collaborations because of the transversal mission of this SIG.
The SIG on Capacity Building
- organizes during the SEFI conference an annual meeting to establish a community of practice and to connect members and non-members to jointly work together on research and publications;
- organizes a themed workshop at the SEFI Annual Conference;
- provides a platform for those interested in the topic to share good practices;
- participates at the annual IIDEA-workshops, notably those organized annually by Tsinghua University and IFEES.