Privacy notice for SEFI members
In the respect of private data collection, we understand as a member either our nominal individual member or the official point of contact at our member institution, as well as an individual holding an official function in SEFI, such as the Board of directors and Steering committee members or Working Group Chairs.
Personal data we collect
In order to be able to perform the actions linked with your membership, we collect and maintain a database of the following data:
- Name and academic title(s), correspondence address, invoicing address (if different), email address, phone and/or mobile phone number, your current position, fields of interest and fields of expertise.
- For the board of directors, steering committee and working group chairs we collect their pictures.
- For our directors we also collect: The date of birth, ID number, address of permanent residence
We use this data for:
- We use the identification data for administration of your membership.
- Mailing you the monthly Newsletter, weekly Press review, event invites and relevant information relating to the field of engineering education.
- We share your address with the publishing house Taylor and Francis regularly for you to receive the European Journal of Engineering Education
- Individual members from member institution: We share your email with the publishing house Taylor and Francis annually to provide you with access to the electronic European Journal of Engineering Education
- Based on your field of interest we provide your contact to the relevant Working group chair
- We may contact you based on your field of expertise to sit in committees, give presentations, speak on behalf of SEFI or at SEFI events.
- We publish the photos of our directors, WG chairs and Steering committee on our website
- We share the personal data of the directors with the Registry of the Commercial Court in Brussels to fulfill the legal obligations based on our statutes
How we protect your data
- We use secure data networks that are protected by firewall and password protection systems that are consistent with industry standards.
- Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary.
- Only authorised individuals have access to the information provided by our contacts.
Your rights to access/change your data
- If you would like to ask for a copy of the information that we have about you (based on your subscription form and your further updates), please write to email@example.com
- If you wish to change your contact information, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You may unsubscribe from our mailing list by going through the “unsubscribe” link at the end of our emails
Who is your personal data controller
European Society for Engineering Education – SEFI aisbl
39 Rue des Deux Eglises