Physics and Engineering Education Special Interest Group aims to and promote discussion about the physics didactic and about the role and importance of physics in engineering education in general. The group establishes permanent contacts between physicists in higher education and physicists in industry.
SIG Topics of interest
- The future of technical physics teaching – specialist vs generalist.
- Creation of a core curriculum in physics with respect to a modular system.
- Design of new courses – using high-tech
- Physics knowledge and skills of freshmen
- Curriculum development and assessment (and links to other subject area courses)
- Laboratory exercises
- Project Based Learning
- Cooperation in teaching material development (printware, software, netware).
- Exchange of teachers between technical universities and colleges
- Exchange of study materials
- Organization of seminars and mini-workshops